(Enough for 10 pancakes)
• 1 cup flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vinegar
• 80 ml sunflower oil
• 150 ml water
• +- 180 ml milk
• 1.5 cup Grated Gouda Cheese
• 250 ml Heavy Cream
• 2 Tins Chunky Tuna
• 1 egg yolk
• 4 tablespoons Butter
• 4 tablespoons Flour
• 750 ml Milk
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• Pinch Nutmeg
• Prepare the pancake batter. Put the flour into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the milk and eggs. Give the liquid mixture a quick whisk before incorporating the flour. Continue to whisk until you have a smooth batter. Now add vegetable oil and whisk thoroughly.
• Take a crépe pan, or large frying pan, dip some kitchen roll in the oil and carefully wipe the inside of the pan.
• Heat the pan over a medium heat for a minute. Add just under a ladle ful of batter to the pan and immediately start swirling it round the pan to get a nice even layer.
• Cook the pancake for approximately 30-40 seconds.
• Use a palette knife to lift the pancake carefully to look at the underside to check if it is golden-brown before turning over. Cook the other side for approx 30-40 seconds and transfer to a serving plate.
• Preparing the white sauce is very easy. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce.
• Return to the heat and, stirring all the time, bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes and season with salt and white pepper.
• Pour out half the white sauce into separate bowl and add the tuna and half of the cheese. Mix to a thick consistency. Add cream, egg yolk and rest of the cheese to the remaining white sauce in pot. Mix well. Fill pancakes with the tuna filling and place in Pyrex dish.
• Pour cream sauce over pancakes. Sprinkle extra cheese on top.
• Bake in oven for 40 minutes at 180oC. Serve with a side salad.