By Matthew Naus
• 2 Large onions (chopped)
• Fresh ginger (chopped)
• Lamb shank
• Bottle of red wine (normally white is used. Try something different)
• Lamb stock
• 6 large Potatoes (chopped)
• 6 large Carrots (chopped)
• Two tins of tomato puree (I used Muti polpa)
• Mushrooms (fresh or canned)
• Fresh mini corn
• Small cabbage
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Fry the onion, garlic and ginger.
• Cut the lamb shank into pieces, cover in flour.
• Place in the pot and brown the meat.
• Add wine and stock. Close the lid for an hour.
• Add potatoes and carrots. Close lid for another hour.
• Add the tomato, mushrooms and corn.
• Cover with cabbage leaves. Close lid for another hour.
• Stir and serve with polenta, rice or pap.